How it all started, just a lil' history.....


I remember the day, well not the exact day but it was a time period this winter that has just past. I was living in a house share with four other roommates. 

House sharing has been my way of life for many years. I tried the relationship living situation but that was unsuccessful, for many reasons. I tried living with family ๐Ÿ‘ช and while very loving ๐Ÿ’–and fun, we are better off visiting with each other rather than trying to live together ✌.

So, when I moved into this house share, there was one older gentleman who over-saw the house, he was the main renter and then four of us sub-rented the bedrooms and shared bathroom space. We were three women and two men. This worked in the beginning but slowly as the roommates ๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿ‘น๐Ÿ‘ฟ changed, the household changed. 

Cam ๐Ÿ‘ฆ, one of the other renters, and the only other male; he and I became good friends. His place of origin is New Zealand ๐Ÿ‘, where he was raised and then after school he began to travel ✈. We discussed our love of new countries, sites we wanted to see, environments, but mostly we love food ๐Ÿ˜‹, wine๐Ÿท, great skiing ๐ŸŽฟand golf ๐ŸŒ, among the many other interests we enjoy.

Our small household was slowly dying, the inhabitants were failing to be a positive influence and the situation became very distressing and the three remaining sane mates, vacated quickly ๐Ÿ’จ. 

Cam had planned to move back to New Zealand๐Ÿ‘, Amanda (roommate #2) she literally left in the middle....sshhhhhh... of the night, telling no one until Cam and I reached out to her to make sure she was alright, she was, and then I left ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ’จ. 

It's a long story to come around to the short version of the beginning of my friendship with Cam and the reignition of my passion for travel and why I needed to do it now!!!

He reminded ๐Ÿ’ก me of a promise I had made to myself years ago, living the life of wife and mother, I wanted to put 100% of myself into raising them and living the best life I could at that time. 

Through long conversations of the big, wide world, and all the opportunities; the what if's and how to's, bubbled ๐Ÿ’ญ to the surface of my consciousness and I realized I needed more. I needed to figure out how to get more; out of life, out of my self, to live a better and more valuable life, just for me.  


 ME!

I had made that promise years ago. I didn't do what others had done by donning a backpack and traveling in my 20's all over the world ๐ŸŒ, staying in hostels or camping on mountain tops ⛺in Switzerland, or eating cake ๐ŸŽ‚ in the Black Forests of Germany. No, I didn't do that. Perhaps I was anxious, I had doubts, fears, and instabilities that would impede me to navigate that kind of responsibility but raising children? Heck yeah! I could do that. I know, I know, it's backwards ๐Ÿ‘ˆ. Funny huh?

I began to think seriously about where I wanted to go, to begin. Cam ๐Ÿ‘ฆwas leaving. He had made his plans long before I came along but when I dropped him off at his friends house before his flight ๐Ÿ›ซin a day or so, he said, "I'm gonna buy you a ticket ๐ŸŽซ." I just smiled, hugged him and said, "don't make promises ๐Ÿ”ฎ." We said goodbye that day but for us, it was only the beginning but we didn't know that then.

I was slowly making plans to be somewhere overseas by the end of August, I had set my time frame⌛. I was looking at different opportunities to work I could do anywhere.  I wasn't sure but I was staying the course and just knew something would come along and he did ๐Ÿ‘ฆ.

"Pack your bags honey! I got you tickets!" Cam had pulled the trigger. ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘I was headed to Australia and then, parts unknown. As open ended as this sounds and possibly un-nerving ๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜Ÿfor some, for me it was exactly how I wanted to begin. Cam is the perfect partner and travel companion ๐Ÿ‘ซ. 

We go together like ramma, lamma, lamma, da-diggity, dig-de-dong ๐ŸŽถ



Now, in the next blog is the beginning, how my trip started and I will try to write often because each day has brought interesting experiences, amazing new sights, sounds, smells, views, people, and I will share it all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final days! My Minimalistic Lifestyle Tips.

AwweStrAAAliah Mate! (Aussie Country)

I'm Going on a Grand Adventure!